VORTEX 20 FOOT PONTOON BOAT COVER - ULTRA SERIES - FREE SHIPPING
Please feel free to call us with any questions at 1-800-309-5190 (Real People, Real Answers)
If you are considering buying a pontoon boat cover and you are confused about what is out there, you owe it to yourself to read through this. Whether you buy from us or not, this will give you a good understanding of what is out there. Reading this could very well save you many hours of researching, thinking, and sorting information about boat covers. It also may save you many dollars. Reading this will help you make an educated decision concerning what pontoon boat cover you want. Again, whether you buy from us or not, if you are potentially in the market for a pontoon boat cover, you owe it to yourself to read this. It will only take a few minutes. We appreciate you taking the time to look.
First of all, there are hundreds or maybe thousands of brands and types of pontoon boat covers out there. We have studied these extensively, and they can be grouped into 3 general categories of covers.
1. TARPS...You will see some boats covered with tarps. Tarps are commercially available and inexpensive, but they generally do not look good and do not last long. The are also somewhat difficult to deal with since they are big and flat and are not made in any way specifically to cover a boat. They also are just a moisture barrier, so they keep water out, but also keep water in, which can cause serious damage in terms of rot, mold, mildew, etc. We would highly recommend avoiding tarps as boat covers.
2. CUSTOM COVERS...You will see some very expensive covers ($1000 to $2000 range) These are custom made for a given boat and an upholstery shop has to make them, or you would have to normally buy one from the company that made your boat. They are a very good fit, but are very expensive. The quality is good, but is not necessarily better than what we sell. They probably will fit better, as it is a 'custom' cover but there is a hefty price to pay. Also, they are generally awkward, heavy, and difficult to install. Often, they will have snaps to hold them on, and dealing with a hundred or more straps is not super fun, generally. A boat dealer recently told us that it takes 4 people to install his customer cover.
3. SEMI-CUSTOM COVERS... What we sell is right in between these 2 referenced previously. We call ours semi-custom covers. They provide a custom fit most of the time for most boats. Our covers are made to cover the entire deck area. We carry covers that should be very close to the size you need. Our covers are staggered in 2 foot increments, and we can normally fit one very closely to your boat. Sometimes there is material left over,(should be a foot or two at the most). Normally, a foot or so of extra material is not important at all. Sometimes, there is no leftover material. It just depends on the size layout of your boat. Our covers always cover the entire top and the entire sides, or the entire top and most of the sides of your playpen area. The ability of this cover to do such is again greatly influenced by the layout of your boat. If your boat has a lot of 'stuff' that is higher than the rails, such as a tall console, bimini top, tall seats, etc, this will make it to where the cover may not can cover all the way down the sides of your boat. Please see our pictures. There are tremendous economies to be found by investing in one of our covers.
Our new Ultra 3 covers are semi custom covers and have many important advantages over almost any other cover out there, besides the price.
1. The new Vortex Ultra 3 pontoon boat covers are suitable for storage, mooring, or trailering. Many covers are made for a specific type of use. Ours are made for all 3.
2. The new Vortex Ultra 3 pontoon boat covers have the best strap system available. Research has shown that straps over the top and completely under the boat do very little good. (Also, ever crawled up under a boat on a trailer to run straps? Ever bumped your head under there?) Our covers are made with a new system whereby a series of loops is sewn to the fabric and the strap goes through that loop, around your pontoon/and or trailer, and snaps together..very very simple and very very strong.
3. The new Vortex Ultra 3 pontoon boat covers do not have grommets to scratch your boat.
4. The new Vortex Ultra 3 pontoon boat covers have an elastic rope sewn into the hem..to help hold the cover tightly to your boat. This is very nice for mooring. Say you have your boat down at the dock and just want to cover it temporarily. Most likely, you would not need straps, etc for such a project. The elastic will hold it in place. Then, for storage or trailering, you can fasten the straps for a more secure fit. The elastic makes putting the cover on the boat much easier. It makes it a very easy 2 person job, and a reasonably easy one person job.
5. All of our covers are made from marine grade canvas that is proportionally 2 to 4 times as thick and heavy duty as most covers out there.
A good boat cover will pay for itself many times over in terms of protection of your investment. The general idea is to protect your boat from the elements (rain, snow, sun, etc. ) The function of a cover is to take the abuse from the elements that is normally destined for your boat. Our covers are good for performing that function in 3 main areas (mooring, storage, and trailering). A good cover will pay for itself very quickly. Consider the time put into a thorough cleaning, maybe for the first outing of the spring
.That several hours of cleaning could have been avoided or greatly minimized by use of a good cover.
Take a look at our pictures. They are real. Beware of sellers with computer generated pictures of perfect fit covers. Beware of sellers that sell boat covers that maybe have never even tried one of their covers on a boat, and have no idea how the cover interacts with the boat. Boat covers are square. Boats are generally not square. Boats have features and items installed on them that make a less than a perfect fit a necessity/reality. We take real pics of the real product in real world applications so you will know exactly what to expect. We strive to set very realistic expectations of our products.
It is extremely safe to say that the money you invest in a quality cover will be returned to you many times over during the lifetime of a boat, in terms of reduced repair, reduced wear and tear, less fading, less faded and stained upholstery, carpet, etc, and the lower $ required to repair these issues.
We have 2 general types of boat covers.
TYPE 1: We carry covers for pontoon boats, deck boats (big square boats, etc...)
TYPE 2: We carry covers for v-hull type boats, generally, boats that are pointed on the front, and square on the back (fishing boats, runabouts, fish/ski, etc)
We have several sizes for each main type of cover, and generally, we want to size a boat cover to fit as snugly as possible, but not so snugly that it will not fit! It certainly has to be big enough, but not too big. It often seems like a good idea to get an oversized cover, but, we have found, through years and years of experience, that the extra material is often cumbersome and difficult to deal with. So, unless you really have some outstanding circumstances, go with the smallest cover that will actually fit your boat. If in doubt, please call us, and we will help you figure it out. It is in all of our best interests to work together to get you the best possible cover.
Also, for most types and sizes, we will have several colors to choose from. For most types and sizes, we will have blue, grey, beige, burgundy, and green. We really like the grey and beige covers. They are nice neutral colors and tend to hold up very well to the elements. This particular listing here will be for a particular size and color, but we will have all available options listed, or you can call us for assistance at 1-800-309-5190.
For our pontoon covers, they are designed to generally fit like a fitted sheet. They are made to cover the top and sides, and the elastic cord sewn into the hem helps hold it on
.. We carry several lengths (currently 16', 18', 20', 22', 24', 26', and 28.) Even though these are cut for that particular size, such as 18, 24, 26, etc, they will work for a boat that is a foot or two shorter than the given size of the cover. (To explain further how these are cut, the big piece of material across the top on the 26 cover is 26 long, big piece of material across the top on a 18 cover is 18 long, etc. Then, in addition to that big piece of material, there is more material that covers the sides of the boat..more info on that below!!!) Normally, if you have a foot or two of extra material, when you are dealing with something that is very big and long anyway, the extra material is just not significant. The elastic cord sewn into the hem takes up some of that potential slack, as well as does the taller items in your boat..seats, folded bimini, captains chair, etc. For example, our 24 cover is an excellent fit on a boat that is 221 up to 24. You would not want to use that 24 cover on a boat that is shorter or longer than that 221 to 24 range because the next size up or down would be a better fit. Call us with any questions at 1-800-309-5190. We like to size these covers to fit the deck area of the boat, not just the playpen. These Ultra covers have the elastic cord sewn into the hem, and we like for that elastic cord to 'grab' underneath the edge of the deck all the way around. Sometimes, manufacturers of pontoon boats like to get all they can out of their descriptions and model numbers, so their measurements normally apply to the pontoons. So, of a boat is called a 24', that is generally referring to the length of the pontoons. The deck is what we want to cover, and that is the measurement that is important to us. Beware of what is stamped on the side of your boat, and of what your title says, etc. It can be a little misleading. Sometimes, it is best to measure, or call us. We can look it up for you. You want to size the cover to fit the deck area, and you want the smallest one that is not too small! For example, if your deck area is 227 long, you want our 24 cover. That 24 cover is best suited for a deck area that is between 221 and 24. It is best suited for that size, and if your deck area is any smaller or bigger than that, we have one that will fit better, i.e. the next size up or down.
Our covers are designed to cover the top of the boat, and down the sides. The side of the cover, or 'skirt' is an industry leading 37". Most manufacturers offer a skirt that is 12" or so shorter than that. Our industry leading 37" skirt ensures better coverage of your boat, and therefore better protection of your investment.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US.
1. ITEM YOU RECEIVE WILL BE WHAT YOU SEE PICTURED AND DESCRIBED.
2. WE ARE EASY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH...YOU CAN EMAIL US OR EVEN CALL US DURING THE HOURS ABOVE AT 1-800-309-5190.
3. WE WILL SHIP PROMPTLY. WE SHIP 5 DAYS PER WEEK. WE SHIP VIA UPS GROUND, FEDEX GROUND, AND US POSTAL SERVICE , AND AVERAGE DELIVERY TIME IS 1-5 DAYS, DEPENDING ON YOUR DISTANCE FROM US. WE ARE CENTRALLY LOCATED IN THE U.S. AND WE HIT 34 STATES WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS. WE TAKE SHIPPING PROMPTLY VERY SERIOUSLY.
4. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE FAIR. SHIPPING IS FREE ON THIS ITEM. WE SHIP VIA UPS GROUND, FEDEX GROUND, AND USPS PRIORITY MAIL..OUR CHOICE.
Toll Free Sales Hotline 1-800-309-5190. Sales hours: Monday - Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. Central Standard Time
These are the best boat covers available. They are suitable for STORAGE, MOORING, AS WELL AS TRAILERING.
The cover is made from marine grade polyester. The cover is made from 7.8 oz/600d/600 denier solution dyed polyester. 'Solution died' simply means that the thread is dyed before it is woven into the material, as opposed to the fabric being woven or produced, then dyed. This process allows for better penetration of the dye, and better colorfastness. This makes the cover very resistant to fading. The fabric is then coated twice with polyurethane on the bottom or downside, UV protected, and mildew protected.
What this all adds up to is the best cover available. It is nearly twice as thick as what you see readily available commercially. It is designed to keep water out, as it is WATERPROOF. Yet, water vapor can permeate it, so it will keep moisture out, but will not keep moisture in!
600d is an indirect measurement of density and weight. The higher the number, the heavier, thicker, and heavier duty. This is the thickest cover you will find. You will see a lot of 300d, even 150d covers, which are proportionally half as thick and 1/4 as thick as our covers.
Our covers come with tie down/hold down straps, as well as a storage bag. For certain applications, such as higher speed trailering, you may need to add extra straps. The material is heavy duty enough to support any reasonably paced trailering, but you have to eliminate the movement of the cover, which is very difficult. It is generally better to trailer uncovered, as it is just normally not worth the effort to prep a covered boat for trailering. Trailering is not covered under warranty, as there are just too many factors to figure in to cover those under warranty. How a cover holds up to trailering is tremendously based on the users prep work and attention to detail, and just cannot be a reflection on the quality or workmanship of the cover.
These are very waterproof. These will collect water. If you are going to use this for storage or in any condition on your boat where rain could collect on it, we would highly recommend some type of support system. We have a great economical support system. Feel free to view it on this site, or call us for details. Some of our customers have had great success by building a support system or 'skeleton' with pvc pipe. Grey electrical conduit works very well and is even less expensive. People have used saw horses, an empty garbage can or two., etc. Often, you do not have to spend any money on a support system.
Again, call us with any help. We will answer your questions. 1-800-309-5190.
Shipping is free to anywhere in the contiguous United States. For shipping to anywhere else, please contact us. Please see pictures.
This is not a disposable type cover. It is made for years and years of use. It has a 5 year warranty.